Why is the work being completed?
These works are being undertaken to remove and replace deteriorated elements of the existing bridge and ensure continued safe access for the community.
- Replacement of timber Girders as required
- Replacement of bridge timber trestles as required
- Repair other defects including asphalt on bridge
- Repair of damaged guardrails
When will work commence?
Works are currently scheduled to commence on Tuesday 9 July 2019 and will be completed by mid-August 2019, subject to final approvals and weather conditions.
Site operations will run from:
- Monday to Friday: 6:30am to 6:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 6:30am to 6:00pm
How will I be affected?
A full bridge closure will be in place commencing on Tuesday 9 July 2019. There may be short delays during this time.
Detours will be in place as follows:
- Traffic on Back Creek Road and Kingsvale Road (from Young) will be rediverted along Currawong Road to Harden
- The southern end of Back Creek Road will be detoured to Wombat Village via Wombat Harden Road
- Olympic Highway southbound at Wombat will be detoured to Wallendbeen Village and Harden via Burley Griffin Way
- Burley Griffin Way westbound traffic at Demondrille detoured to Wallendbeen Village and via Olympic Hwy to Young
- Road closure will include Wombat Harden Road at the intersection of Back Creek Road and intersection Back Demondrille Road.
We’ll be posting VMS boards on the approach to the works, outlining changes to traffic. We will endeavor to minimise disruptions to local traffic and business.
Please contact our Community Relations team on 1300 661 390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.