JHR Implement ANRP aligned Network Rules & Procedures on the CRN from 30th September 2012
From 0001 hours Sunday, 30 September John Holland implemented Australian National Rules Project (ANRP) aligned amendments developed by RailCorp to the Network Rules and Network Procedures on the Country Regional Network.
These initial amendments bring into effect new Work on Track Rules and Procedures as part of John Holland’s ongoing commitment to achieving ANRP alignment. Further ANRP aligned Rules and Procedures will follow in subsequent amendment packs.
The changes generally consist of:
- Enhancements to existing controls
- Terminology and glossary changes
- Additional guidance.
In addition to the ANRP amendments, the following John Holland changes are included in this set of amendments:
- Additional controls for Special Proceed Authorities
- Removal of non CRN relevant materials such as upper quadrant signals, XYZ Keys, switching a signal box or local panel in/out, non CRN signs and removal of 1500V in electric maintenance centres, etc
- Updating Train Controller & Signaller instructions to acknowledge Network Control Officers
- Merging Signaller & Train Controller responsibilities to establish Network Control Officer Responsibilities
- Incorporating updates regarding work in yards, train lights, tasks undertaken during track inspections, ICE radio, CAN warnings in Train Order areas, network control reports and Landmarks within Train Order working.
These changes have an operational impact and in several cases require amendments to other Network Rules and Procedures to ensure their alignment, however the magnitude of the changes are not great.
A briefing has been provided to all operator representatives and JHR staff to ensure that there is a consistent approach to, and understanding of, these changes.
A copy of the briefing and a flyer which summarises the changes is available for download from this site.
A summary of the changes is available in JHR CRN Safe Notice 0020-12 Implementation of ANRP aligned Network Rules & Procedures
The amended versions of the JHR Network Rules and Procedures are available in the Network Rules and Procedures section of this website.